Sunday, April 7, 2013

DUCURS

    This Thursday, the 10th annual Drake University Conference on Undergraduate Research in the Sciences (DUCURS) will take place on campus. It’s an opportunity for students who have conducted research at Drake (or through an internship) to present and share their findings. Departments from biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science and policy, psychology, neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, biochemistry, cell, and molecular biology, and pharmaceutical sciences will all share their findings.
    It’s a full day event that includes oral and poster presentations and a lunchin including a keynote speaker. This will be the first year I’ll be presenting at DUCURS. I have a poster display summarizing the chemistry research I did last summer at the University of Michigan. The title of my poster is: “Synthesis of Chiral Zinc Metallacrowns for Application in Second Harmonic Generation”. I’ll be sure to share my reaction and some pictures from the event. To learn more about DUCURS, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment