Monday, May 30, 2011

Today's the Day!

In a few hours, I will finally be on my way to Madrid! Reality still hasn’t really hit that I will be overseas for 50 days.

The first few days in Madrid will be pretty chaotic, as I will need to figure out a lot of things in very little time. I will (hopefully) arrive in Madrid at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, where I will see my Aunt and Uncle and get settled into their condo. Less than a day later I will already be starting my classes at Nebrija.

This has been a great week back home, as I have gotten to spend lots of time with family and friends. I even got a few unexpected goodbyes. This morning I set out for my last run in the City of Lakes, and headed out along Minnehaha Creek towards Lake Nokomis. Timing worked out great as I saw two friends from Drake, Sam and Jon on the creek who were just about ready to head back to Des Moines. That was great to see them before I took off, and now I’m headed out to lunch with the family, and then it’s off to the airport.

Prayers for safety and strength would be much appreciated!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment