Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Transition Time

Monday was my last day of school at Nebrija, in which I had my final exam in my Spanish and art classes – both went really well! Yesterday we had a mini graduation ceremony at Nebrija’s campus in the mountain surrounding Madrid, it was beautiful and a great opportunity to say goodbye to some friends I’ve made over the past four weeks.

At the beginning of the year, I thought it would be a neat idea to bring my Spanish flag along, and have people I meet sign it. My whole Spanish class has signed and also some other friends I’ve met on the various excursions. So far the flag is about half full of short statements and signatures, and by the time I return it should be completely covered with the people who have made this experience special!

Today is just going to be a nice day of some R&R (Reading and Running!), as I unwind from my classes and prepare for my father and sister to arrive. They’ll get here tomorrow morning, and the rest of my trip will be significantly different from the first half. I’ll transition from the life of an international student, to more of a tourist. We don’t have too many solid plans yet, the only thing I know will happen for certain is a visit to London on July 12. Besides that, anything is up in the air, we’re gonna try and play it by ear, we have also discussed visiting Barcelona and Valencia.

In Christ,

Mike

My Spanish Class after our Final

Patricia, my Spanish teacher

I'm going to miss this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment