Monday, March 25, 2013

A True Break

    For the first time I can remember, I decided to make this year’s spring break, a true break. I didn’t bring any work home and didn’t have any plans during the week to do anything but rest and relax. And that’s what I did!
    I’ve usually viewed fall and spring break as an opportunity to catch up on work. The weeks before each are usually pretty hectic, there’s a flurry of exams, projects and papers due, and most times I feel like I need to spend those days off from class catching up on things I didn’t study for while I was focusing on my exams. This year was no different; I’ve got some big tests, projects, and even my senior chemistry capstone looming on the horizon, but this break I really felt like I needed to be a “true break”. The toll of running, classes, and other commitments really took its toll during the first seven weeks after a long winter break that I spent shadowing physical therapists most of the time. I’d been burning the candle at both ends of the stick for too long, and it caught up to me.
    Today I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and motivated to tackle the last seven weeks of the semester and my final track season. It’ll be madness for most of the time, but I’m looking forward to it. Hard to believe that eight weeks from now I’ll be graduating. Time to buckle up for the rest of the journey, it’s about to get crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment