Sunday, March 3, 2013

"The Bubble"

    Often times on campus, you’ll hear students refer to Drake’s campus as “the Bubble”. It’s kind of like it’s own little world within a major city, all buildings on campus are relatively close to each other, with only Drake buildings covering the span between 25th and 31st street and University and Forrest Ave.
    The thing I love most about “the Bubble” is how quickly it is to get from one end of campus to the other. I live in an off campus apartment, and to make it Olin Hall (the Biology building), it only takes me 10 minutes! And that’s the farthest I have to walk for any of my classes.
    I didn’t consider Drake’s compact size as a factor when I was thinking about coming here, but I’m really thankful for it. Some of my friends who go to big state schools, like the University of Minnesota, have to leave upwards of 40 minutes before their classes start just to make it there on time… and they live on campus! Drake has so many little things just like this that make it a great place to live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment