Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Get Knocked Down... But I Get Up Again!

    This Missouri Valley Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships were held this past weekend at the University of Northern Iowa, marking the end of the indoor season for most athletes. I ran in the Distance Medley Relay and the 5,000m for Drake to cap a successful season marked by big improvements in fitness.
    I was able to lower my 5k PB (personal best) from 15:34 to 15:15. For distance runners, our training is set up to have a big outdoor season, and specifically I’m looking to run a fast 10,000m and score some points (place in the top eight) at the outdoor conference championships which will be hosted by Drake in May.
    My senior season has been a bumpy ride, I had a cross country season ending hamstring strain in the fall, and have dealt with a few dings here and there throughout the indoor season. Starting tomorrow, after a two day break, I’ll get back to the grindstone to put in some hard work to cap my collegiate running career with my best times and races yet.
    There’s a catchy 90’s song that’s stuck in my head right now thanks to one of my teammates. Throughout my career, I’ve been “knocked down” frequently with injuries, but “I get up again, they’re never gonna keep me down”!



No comments:

Post a Comment