Thursday, February 17, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Michael Rodriguez, I am a Sophomore here at Drake University with a double major in Chemistry and Mathematics. I am excited to blog for Drake, and will try and give you the most accurate perception of my Drake experience.

I am in my fourth semester now, and my experience has been incredible so far. I chose to come to Drake because I could run on their cross country and track and field teams, and because Drake has a great undergraduate chemistry program, where I could get involved in research as early my Freshman year. Right now, I am conducting research in the realm of physical chemistry (Microemulsions) with Dr. Maria Bohorquez. So far, I have had a great time on the cross country and track teams, and I have enjoyed my classes. The best part about classes at Drake are the sizes - right now, my largest class is about 15 students, and my smallest class only has three other students! Professors are very accessible and willing to work with you. I have greatly appreciated this, because often I miss class on Fridays, due to travel for cross country and track meets.

Out of all the things I have gotten out of my Drake experience so far, coming to know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior has been my greatest privileged. I was raised in a Christian home, and never took my faith seriously, until I started getting involved with Campus Fellowship, a Christian group here at Drake. He has radically changed me and given my life so much meaning!

As I blog here for the next few years, I'll try to give you an accurate view of all aspects of my Drake experience. I must thank Tim Schmitt, for the opportunity to blog for Drake! This summer, I will be studying abroad in Madrid, Spain. I am currently applying for a scholarship that requires me to promote international education, and plan to using this blog to do so.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment